I am happy to report that I’ve been keeping up with my New Year’s resolutions. I am so dedicated to sticking with them (and so bored) that I created a spreadsheet to keep track of everything. I was pretty proud of my spreadsheet until someone came along and decided to prematurely fill in the blanks for me. No, Matt, the new ingredient to cook with in February will not be gummy bears. And hasn’t anyone ever told you not to bite the hand that feeds you?
Anyway, not only have I kept up with my resolutions, but I have surpassed some of them. I suppose it makes it easier that they’re fun goals to surpass. Eating at two new restaurants in January instead of one? Don’t mind if I do. Using a few of my cookbooks for inspiration instead of just one? Check! Without my cookbook stash we wouldn’t have had lobster tails, seasoned sweet potato fries, or this pizza, and January would have been just a bit more bland.
Fingerling Potato + Bacon Pizza
Inspired by Savory Baking
- Pizza dough
- 6 oz. fingerling potatoes (or red new potatoes)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 slices bacon, crisped and crumbled
- 1/4 (or slightly less) cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 (or slightly less) cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp minced red onion (optional)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, add water to cover and a large pinch of salt, and bring to a boil. Cook until fork-tender, drain, and cool slightly. Once you can handle them, slice the potatoes into 1/4″-inch-thick slices.
- Oil a rimmed baking sheet and spread the dough to the edges of the sheet. Brush dough with melted butter. Top with potato slices, bacon, cheeses, onion, and thyme.
- Bake until the crust is done to your liking. Season with freshly cracked pepper, and serve.